Open Gym - Come and Play!
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
It's cold but there's no snow...what's a mom or dad to do? Bring the kids to open gym at city hall! A fantastic chance for the kids to run, play and see friends while moms, dads and caregivers can catch up.
Open gym runs on Saturdays from 9:00am - 11:00am from February 1, 2020 to March 28, 2020. (No open gym on Saturday 2/29/20) Different play equipment will be rotated throughout the program. Any of the following fun games may be present depending on the week. Tunnels, Hula Hoops, Big Blue Blocks, Bounce House, Parachute and Hop Balls.
Open gym is supervised by Recreation Staff members, however parents must stay with child, no drop offs :)
Pre-register below or pay as you go at the door!
Open Gym Fees
- 2 Adult & Child $5.00 St. Albans Residents, $10.00 non residents
- Family (2 Adults and their minor children) $10 maximum per family for St. Albans Residents, $20 non residents per day
Open Gym Rules
- No outside boots or shoes are allowed on the floor. Please bring sneakers for indoor play to change into.
- Only positive, respectful behavior towards others, facility and equipment is allowed. Those unable to follow this rule will be asked to leave with no refund.
- All children must be supervised. Children cannot be "dropped off."
- Safety is the priority. Decisions regarding equipment and play are at the sole discretion of the staff member on duty.
- No strollers, bikes, scooters, skateboards or other wheeled vehicles allowed in the gym.
- Children should not bring toys from home unless they are prepared to share with the entire group.
- The Recreation Department and staff are not responsible for damaged or stolen toys, equipment or clothing.
- This open gym period is intended to benefit children in the community. Adults wishing to use the gym should contact the Recreation Department for a schedule.
- All participants, including children, will need to sign in daily.
Please be considerate, do not bring a child if...
- who are or have vomited in the last 24 hours.
- who have a rash, lice or nits.
- who have diarrhea.
- who have an eye infection.
- who have a sore throat.
- who are just not feeling very good.
- who have or have had a fever in the last 24 hours.
- We know winters can be tough, but please help us make this a fun, healthy activity for all!