Need to reach camp? When camp is in session call 802-393-0331. Otherwise contact the office at 524-1500 X266, X268 or the Recreation Cell phone at 309-1810
St. Albans Recreation Summer Day Camp ~ Great Camp! Day camp is designed with fun in mind! Counselors & Campers will enjoy lots of outdoor play, arts and crafts, learn about wellness, field trips, enjoy special guests and entertainment, participate in special theme days and spend each afternoon splashing away at the St. Albans City Pool! Each morning starts at Barlow St. Community Center located at 39 Barlow Street in St. Albans, and groups will rotate between activities before having lunch and heading to St. Albans City Pool for the afternoon. Lots of fun activities, projects, counselors, friends and healthy MOVEMENT! Campers walk to the St. Albans City Pool for afternoon swim.
Great Registration Options! Pick whatever days work for your family with a minimum of 2 days per week-
No need to pack lunches! St. Albans Recreation Department participates in the Free Summer Lunch Program. Kid friendly lunches are prepared daily by the Abbey Group. If a camper prefers to pack lunch, that's fine, but lunch is provided. Campers still need to pack water/beverages and snacks.
Bring/wear sneakers, swim suit, towel & sunscreen. Please mark all items with your child's name!
Here's what a typical day looks like:
7:30am-8:30am drop off at Barlow Street Community Center
9:00am-9:30am Snack & Morning Meeting
9:30am-12:00noon - Group Activities
12:30pm Walk to Pool
1:00pm-3:30pm Splash the afternoon away at the St. Albans City Pool
3:30pm-4:30pm Pick up at the Playground - St. Albans City School
In most cases, field trips will occur on Fridays and we leave by bus from Barlow St. Community Center at 9:00am. Kids participating in Swim Team need to leave practice a bit early to be ready. Those taking swim lessons will be able to make up their missed lesson at a class time convenient to the family. Parents need to arrange a make up lesson with pool staff. The only make up lessons offered are when a Day Camp Trip prevents the child from attending lesson.
If your camper will be registering for Swim Lessons this summer, please choose the latest lesson option available. Campers will be brought to swim lessons, have lunch there and meet up with the rest of camp when they arrive for the afternoon. The Recreation Department will transport your child from Swim Team to Day Camp or Swim Lessons throughout the summer. Just remind the staff each morning at drop off if your child has swim lessons or swim team practice.
**Note: Schedule is tentative, trips and activities are subject to change due to many factors including weather and transportation. We take a look at the week and make the best use of the conditions :) **
2017 Weekly Themes
- WEEK 1 - 6/26-6/30 CARNIVAL WEEK - Bouncy House, face painting, balloons, snow cones, games & more!
- Wacky Wednesday: Wear your brightest clothing!
- WEEK 2 - 7/3-7/7 (No Camp on Tuesday July 4) REALITY WEEK - We'll be playing all your favorite reality shows Day Camp Style!
- Wacky Wednesday: Mismatch Day!
- WEEK 3 - 7/10-7/14 MAD SCIENCE WEEK - We be inventing, discovering and creating mad science all week long!
- Wacky Wednesday: Crazy Hair Day!
- WEEK 4 -7/17-7/21 NATURE WEEK - Campers will be exploring the fascinating natural world around us.
- Wacky Wednesday: Camo Day!
- WEEK 5 - 7/24-7/28 HOLIDAY WEEK - We'll be celebrating the Holidays all week long!
- Wacky Wednesday: Wear your Halloween Costume!
- WEEK 6 - 7/31-8/4 WET & WILD WEEK - All things wet & wild! A fun, wet, messy week!
- Wacky Wednesday: Beach Day! Wear your bathing suit all day!
- WEEK 7 - 8/7-8/11 AMAZING RACE WEEK - Teams of Campers will compete in crazy races all week!
- Wacky Wednesday: Vacation T-Shirt Day! Wear a shirt you got on vacation, or your favorite "chill" shirt!
- WEEK 8 - 8/14-8/18 SPORT WEEK - Campers will have a chance to try all kinds of sports. The week will end with a Pool Party & Talent Show at the Poolhouse.
- Wacky Wednesday: Dress as your favorite Athlete
- WEEK 9 - 8/21-8/25 FLASHBACK WEEK - A week of the campers' favorite activities!
- Wacky Wednesday:
Early Drop off & Late Pick Up Options and Charges
- There is an early drop off option. If you need to drop your child off before 7:30am, you can register for early drop off at the same time you register for day camp. You can drop your child off at 7:00am (no earlier) with the early drop off option. There is a separate registration and additional charge.
- There is a late pick up option. If you cannot pick up your child before 4:30pm, you can register for late pick up at the same time you register for day camp. You MUST pick up your child at 5:00pm with late pick up registrations. There is a separate registration and an additional charge.
- If you are late picking up your child and your child is not previously registered for late pick ups please call us to let us know that you'll be late. There is a $20 charge for each 30 minute and/or portion thereof after 4:30pm. The charges will be added to your recreation account.
Day Camp Info:
- Regular Drop off time is 7:30-8:30am at Barlow Street Community Center (There is an option for early drop off at 7:00am - no earlier- there is a separate registration for it, and and an additional charge - see below)
- Pick up time is 3:30-4:30pm at St. Albans City School Playground. (There is an option for late pick up at 5:30pm - no later- there is a separate registration for it, and an additional charge - see below) In the event of inclement weather, pick up will be at Barlow Street. Not sure? Call the pool house at 524-6796 to see where pick-up will be.
- Be sure your camper is dressed for the weather and activitiy! We're inside for storms, but go out for a walk in a drizzle :) We keep your camper busy and active all day.
- Day Camp is TREE NUT FREE - Please be sure your campers snacks & lunches are PEANUT & TREE NUT FREE.
- Please send your camper with good walking shoes ~ sometimes sandals are not the best choice.
- Campers must be registered and registration paid for one week in advance.
- There are no refunds after registration has been made. When possible, we will try to find another time for your camper to attend.
- We're very active and outdoors most of the time. Scrapes and bumps are bound to happen. We do not call parents during the day for a routine bump or scrape. We apply ice, bandage, and some affection :) (as indicated) and inform parents at the time of pick up. If there is an injury beyond that or the camper becomes ill during the day, we immediately contact parents/guardian at the phone number the family has given us. Please be sure your day time number is up to date.
- Need to reach camp? During camp hours call 802-393-0331. Otherwise contact the office at 524-1500 X266, X268 or try the Recreation Cell phone at 802-309-1810.
- Need to cancel? If we receive the cancellation 1 week (7 days) before the program start date, and we are able to book your spot with another camper, you will receive a refund less $25 cancellation fee. No credits or refunds are issued if we receive cancellation less than 1 week (7 days) before the program start date.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION INFO
You can register from 2 to 5 days per week! To see pricing options:
Log onto your account.
Choose a member.
Click on Purchasing options - it will bring you to the next page with pricing and registration options.
Still having trouble? Contact the office 524-1500 X266 or X268 or email@example.com
5 DAYS/WEEK - $175 Residents/$225 Non-Residents
4 DAYS/WEEK - $159 Residents/$205 Non-Residents
3 DAYS/WEEK - $126 Residents/$166 Non-Residents
2 DAYS/WEEK - $99 Residents/$129 Non-Residents
Register for all weeks you want this summer and pay only for one week at the time of the registration. Keep in mind that once the weeks are registered for, that space is held for your child. If you need to cancel - there is a cancellation fee. If you simply need to transfer to another week (and there is still room in that week) there is no transfer fee.
Autopay: You can register for whichever weeks you like and the payment will automatically be charged to your debit or credit card on the Sunday before the week you've registered for. Payments are deducted on a weekly basis once camp starts until all weeks are paid for. The system is front loaded, so if you register for weeks 1, 2, 5 & 6, payments will be deducted weeks 1, 2, 3, & 4. Weeks 5 & 6 will be paid for in advance. Questions? Contact the office 524-1500 X266