Day Camp - For kids K-8th Grade -Summer 2018
NEW INFO: The Maple Run Supervisory Union has extended their school calendar until June 20, 2018 to make up for snow days. We have adjusted our camp schedule as well. Our first day of camp will be on Thursday June 21 - so our first week is a 2 day week.
For those who have already registered - we have adjusted your registrations to just those 2 days that week. Questions? Give us a call 524-1500 x *268
Need to reach camp? When camp is in session call 802-393-0331. Otherwise contact the office at 524-1500 x *266, x *268 or the Recreation Cell phone at 309-1810
St. Albans Recreation Day Camp provides a safe and fun day of camp for kids in Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Our camp provides a range of activities to entice everyone's interest in an atmosphere that reinforces the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Campers will enjoy a summer full of nature, water fun, games, field trips, sports, arts and crafts and friendships - old and new.
Great Registration Options! Pick whatever days work for your family with a minimum of 2 days per week-
No need to pack lunches! St. Albans Recreation Department participates in the Free Summer Lunch Program. If a camper prefers to pack lunch, that's fine, but lunch is provided.
Here's what a typical day looks like:
7:30am-8:30am drop off at Barlow Street Community Center
9:00am-9:30am Snack & Morning Meeting
9:30am-12:00noon - Group Activities
12:00 noon - Lunch
12:30pm Walk to Pool
1:00pm-3:30pm Splash the afternoon away at the St. Albans City Pool
3:30pm-4:30pm Pick up at the Playground - St. Albans City School
In most cases, field trips will occur on Fridays and we leave by bus from Barlow St. Community Center at 9:00am. Kids participating in Swim Team need to leave practice a bit early to be ready. Those taking swim lessons will be able to make up their missed lesson at a class time convenient to the family. Parents need to arrange a make up lesson with pool staff. The only make up lessons offered are when a Day Camp Trip prevents the child from attending lesson.
If your camper will be registering for Swim Lessons this summer, please choose the latest lesson option available. Campers will be brought to swim lessons, have lunch there and meet up with the rest of camp when they arrive for the afternoon. The Recreation Department will transport your child from Swim Team to Day Camp or Swim Lessons throughout the summer. Just remind the staff each morning at drop off if your child has swim lessons or swim team practice.
June 25th - Festival Week
Come celebrate the first week of summer with us!
July 2nd - Counselors vs Campers Week
One of our campers favorite things to do, compete against the counselors.
July 9th - Holiday Week
Come celebrate some of the most popular holidays with us!
July 16th - Having a Ball!
Camper will be having a ball by having each activity they participate in incorporate some type of ball.
July 23rd - Ooey Gooey Week
Campers can expect to get down and dirty during this week with different activities that are certainly going to get messy.
July 30th - Wet and Wild Week
A day come classic, come enjoy some of the warmest days of the summer with water games that will definitely cool you off!
August 6th - Amazing Race Week
We're bringing back one fo the favorite weeks from last summer. Each day campers will be visiting a different country around the world with food and games that are unique to that country.
August 13th - Flashback Week
Towards the end of the summer we like to celebrate by re-doing some of the campers favorites from the previous weeks! This is the perfect week for campers to enjoy their summer highlights or for campers who want to experience some of the fun things they might have missed earlier in the summer!
August 20th - Sports Week
Come enjoy the last week of Summer Vacation with us! We will get your camper outside being active and experiencing different sports before heading back to school!
**Note: Schedule is tentative, trips and activities are subject to change due to many factors including weather and transportation. We take a look at the week and make the best use of the conditions :) **
What's Needed and NOT Needed :)
What to Bring:
Comfortable Play Clothes
Closed toe athletic shoes or sports sandals
Good Attitude :)
All personal items should be clearly labeled with the campers name.
What NOT to Bring:
The Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Early Drop off & Late Pick Up Options and Charges
- There is an early drop off option. If you need to drop your child off before 7:30am, you can register for early drop off at the same time you register for day camp. You can drop your child off at 7:00am (no earlier) with the early drop off option. There is a separate registration and additional charge.
- There is a late pick up option. If you cannot pick up your child before 4:30pm, you can register for late pick up at the same time you register for day camp. You MUST pick up your child at 5:00pm with late pick up registrations. There is a separate registration and an additional charge.
- If you are late picking up your child and your child is not previously registered for late pick ups please call us to let us know that you'll be late. There is a $20 charge for each 30 minute and/or portion thereof after 4:30pm. The charges will be added to your recreation account.
Day Camp Info:
- Regular Drop off time is 7:30-8:30am at Barlow Street Community Center (There is an option for early drop off at 7:00am - no earlier- there is a separate registration for it, and and an additional charge - see below)
- Pick up time is 3:30-4:30pm at St. Albans City School Playground. (There is an option for late pick up at 5:00pm - no later- there is a separate registration for it, and an additional charge - see below) In the event of inclement weather, pick up will be at Barlow Street. Not sure? Call the pool house at 524-6796 to see where pick-up will be.
- Be sure your camper is dressed for the weather and activitiy! We're inside for storms, but go out for a walk in a drizzle :) We keep your camper busy and active all day.
- Day Camp is TREE NUT FREE - Please be sure your campers snacks & lunches are PEANUT & TREE NUT FREE.
- Please send your camper with good walking shoes ~ sometimes sandals are not the best choice.
- There are no refunds after registration has been made. When possible, we will try to find another time for your camper to attend.
- We're very active and outdoors most of the time. Scrapes and bumps are bound to happen. We do not call parents during the day for a routine bump or scrape. We apply ice, bandage, and some affection :) (as indicated) and inform parents at the time of pick up. If there is an injury beyond that or the camper becomes ill during the day, we immediately contact parents/guardian at the phone number the family has given us. Please be sure your day time number is up to date.
- Need to reach camp? During camp hours call 802-393-0331. Otherwise contact the office at 524-1500 X266, X268 or try the Recreation Cell phone at 802-309-1810.
- Need to cancel? If we receive the cancellation 1 week (7 days) before the program start date, and we are able to book your spot with another camper, you will receive a refund less $25 cancellation fee. No credits or refunds are issued if we receive cancellation less than 1 week (7 days) before the program start date.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION INFO
You can register from 2 to 5 days per week! To see pricing options:
Log onto your account.
Choose a member.
Click on Purchasing options - it will bring you to the next page with pricing and registration options.
Still having trouble? Contact the office 524-1500 x *266 or x *268 or email@example.com
5 DAYS/WEEK - $180 Residents/$230 Non-Residents
4 DAYS/WEEK - $159 Residents/$207 Non-Residents
3 DAYS/WEEK - $129 Residents/$167 Non-Residents
2 DAYS/WEEK - $99 Residents/$129 Non-Residents
Register for all weeks you want this summer and pay only for one week at the time of the registration. Keep in mind that once the weeks are registered for, that space is held for your child. If you need to cancel - there is a cancellation fee. If you simply need to transfer to another week (and there is still room in that week) there is no transfer fee.
Autopay: You can register for whichever weeks you like and the payment will automatically be charged to your debit or credit card on the Sunday before the week you've registered for. Payments are deducted on a weekly basis once camp starts until all weeks are paid for. The system is front loaded, so if you register for weeks 1, 2, 5 & 6, payments will be deducted weeks 1, 2, 3, & 4. Weeks 5 & 6 will be paid for in advance. Questions? Contact the office 524-1500 X266