The 41st Annual Sap Run will be held on Sunday, April 28th, 2019 during the Vermont Maple Festival. Start time: 8:30 am- The Sap Run is an 8.5-mile road race from the Swanton Library (1 First Street) to St. Albans, VT. Join this annual rite of spring! Race starts in Swanton and finishes on Main Street in St. Albans across from Taylor Park.
All runners should plan to finish the race within a 2-hour time frame. Finish line breakdown will start at 10:30. Prizes will be awarded starting at 10:30 at the finish line.
Relay option! 1st leg - Swanton Library to Hand-off point at Chase Auto Sales (5.0 miles) 2nd leg - Hand-off point to the finish line (3.5 miles) - Each relay partner must register separately!
RESULTS AND PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AT 10:30 am on Main Street in downtown St. Albans.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL! Results will be posted on this website, and in the St. Albans Messenger.
RACE START TIME: 8:30 AM
******Deadline to register on line is midnight on 04/24/19. After this date, PARTICIPANTS CAN REGISTER RACE DAY starting at 7:00 AM at the start location (Race Day registration fee is $40)
PACKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP Wednesday 4/24/18- Friday 4/26/18 from 10 am - 5 pm. They will be available at 39 Barlow Street, St. Albans. After that the packets will be brought to the start line and handed out there.
Thank you to Swanton Library for supplying our new start location!
Thank you to Nate @ NMA Financial for supplying bananas, water, and bagels at the finish line!
Thank you to Drummac Septic for supplying the Port O Lets
Thank you to Grand Avenue Enterprises for supplying the runner's bus to Swanton!
39th Annual Sap Run
- Note start location: Swanton Library 1 First Street - directly across from the park.
- Racers pre-registered by April 1, 2019 receive T-Shirt. T-Shirts for registrants after that date are while supplies last.
- A Bus - donated by Grand Avenue Enterprises will be available to bring runners to Swanton from behind St. Albans City Hall at 7:45am the morning of the race. Runners can park their vehicles in the lot behind City Hall - 100 North Main St. Please contact the office at 524-1500 X266. There is no transportation provided after the race.
- Length 8.5 Miles -Route 7- Swanton Library to St. Albans. Race is run on an open road. Please be aware of vehicular traffic on course. There will be lead and end vehicle.
- Water Stations: Two 1st one at mile 3 - #228 Route 7 (Hemmingway Home) 2nd at mile 6 - Progressive Auto
- Bagels, water & bananas available at Finish line courtesy of NMA Financial
- St. Albans Recreation Cell Phone Number: 309-1810
- There will be port o lets at the Start and Finish, and one at the hand off point at Chase Auto as well.
- All Runners should plan to be able to finish the race within a 2 hour time frame. Breakdown at the finish line will start at 10:30 as prizes are being awarded.
TRIPLE CROWN INFO!
This year the Fairfax Parks and Recreation Department is teaming up with the organizers of the St. Albans Sap Run and the Enosburg Falls Milk Run to present the Franklin County Triple Crown!
The goal of the Franklin County Triple Crown is to recognize the importance of agriculture to the region while promoting a healthy lifestyle for those who lives here. Participants in all three races will receive a commemorative tee-shirt and will be entered into a grand prize of $500.
Here are the dates for each event:
Sap Run, Sunday, April 29, 2018 www.vtmaplefestival.org
Milk Run, Sunday, June 3, 2018 www.vermontdairyfestival.com
Egg Run, Saturday, August 4, 2018 www.fairfaxrecreation.com
In order to qualify you will need to register and participate in each of the three events in any capacity (as either a Runner or Walker). The commemorative tee-shirts will be awarded and the prize drawing will be held after the conclusion of the Fairfax Egg Run on August 4, 2018.
Additional Forms and Files: