The 40th Annual Sap Run will be held on Sunday, April 29th, 2018 during the Vermont Maple Festival. Start time: 8:30 am- The Sap Run is an 8.5-mile road race from Swanton to St. Albans, VT. Join this annual rite of spring! Start location is the Swanton Teen Center. The race finishes on Main Street in St. Albans across from Taylor Park. All runners should plan to finish the race within a 2-hour time frame. Finish line breakdown will start at 10:30. Prizes will be awarded starting at 10:30 at the finish line.
We will be using 802 Timing again this year after a very positive experience last year. Except for this year we will be using bibs with timing chips in them. This will make packet pickup a possibility again this year making race day go a bit smoother. Thanks for bearing with us in this time of change.
Relay option! 1st leg - Swanton Teen Center to Handoff point at Chase Auto Sales (5.0 miles) 2nd leg - Handoff point to the finish line (3.5 miles) - Each relay partner must register separately! RESULTS AND PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AT 10:30 am on Main Street in downtown St. Albans. GOOD LUCK TO ALL! Results will be posted on this website, and in the St. Albans Messenger.
RACE START TIME: 8:30 AM
******Deadline to register on line is midnight on 04/25/18. After this date, PARTICIPANTS CAN REGISTER RACE DAY starting at 7:00 AM at the start location (Race Day registration fee is $40) - Swanton Teen Center.
Thank you to Nate @ NMA Financial for supplying bananas, water, and bagels at the finish line!
Thank you to Drummac Septic for supplying the Port O Lets
Thank you to Grand Avenue Enterprises for supplying the runner's bus to Swanton!
Registration will close 4/25/18 at midnight. After that people can register on race day at the Swanton Teen Center starting at 7:00 am.
39th Annual Sap Run
- Racers pre-registered by April 1, 2017 receive T-Shirt. T-Shirts for registrants after that date are while supplies last.
- A Bus - donated by Grand Avenue Enterprises will be available to bring runners to Swanton from behind St. Albans City Hall at 7:45am the morning of the race. Runners can park their vehicles in the lot behind City Hall - 100 North Main St. Please contact the office at 524-1500 X266. There is no transportation provided after the race.
- Length 8.5 Miles -Route 7- Swanton to St. Albans. Race is run on an open road. Please be aware of vehicular traffic on course. There will be lead and end vehicle.
- Water Stations: Two 1st one at mile 3 - #228 Route 7 (Hemmingway Home) 2nd at mile 6 - Progressive Auto
- Bagels, water & bananas available at Finish line courtesy of NMA Financial
- St. Albans Recreation Cell Phone Number: 309-1810
- There will be port o lets at the Start and Finish, and one at the hand off point at Chase Auto as well.
- All Runners should plan to be able to finish the race within a 2 hour time frame. Breakdown at the finish line will start at 10:30 as prizes are being awarded.
Additional Forms and Files: