Swim Team Training - Geared towards swimmers who swim competitively or have an interest to do so. Training will be held at Branon's Pool on North Main St. in St. Albans. Program focuses on endurance, speed, conditioning and stroke refinement. Program will run Wednesdays only, but will not be held on days where there is no school. This is a great opportunity for swimmers to maintain their fitness/swimming level and exercise all winter.
Swimmers can register for all sessions or choose the ones that work best for your schedule.
Advanced swimmers should expect to swim anywhere from 2000 to 3500 yards per practice. The coach will appropriately place all swimmers at the beginning of practice and make adjustments if necessary. Swimmers need to be able to swim the length (25 yards) of the pool to participate. Program will continue through the winter into spring and will break over school vacations. A new session will begin each month through the end of May. After that, practices will switch to the St. Albans City Pool. Get in shape, keep in shape and start the season in top form.
All participants must be able to swim 25 yards unassisted.
Coach: Tom Koldys
Cancellation Policy - If school is closed (not delayed) for any reason, Swim Team Training will be cancelled as well. So no school - no practice. :) Those who have pre-registered and paid will be credited to their recreation account.
Swim Team Training Info:
- All swimmers will swim from 4:30-5:30pm.
- Swimmers must meet age requirements or have preapproval to attend from the coach.
- All swimmers $14 per session for St. Albans Residents, $20 per session for non-residents.
- Families can choose which days their swimmer will attend. Every day or once in a while - it's up to you!
- Swimmers do NOT have to be members of the swim team to participate but must be able to swim a 25 yard lap. Swim Team Training should not be confused with Swim Lessons.