This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Need to reach camp? During camp hours call 802-393-0331. Otherwise contact the office at 524-1500 X266, X268 or the Recreation Cell phone at 309-1810
St. Albans Recreation Summer Day Camp ~ Great Camp! Great Registration Options! Pick whatever days work for your family minimum of 2 days per week- Day camp is designed with fun in mind! Counselors & Campers will enjoy lots of outdoor play, arts and crafts, learn about wellness, field trips, enjoy special guests and entertainment, participate in special theme days and spend each afternoon splashing away at the St. Albans City Pool! Each morning starts at Barlow St. Community Center located at 39 Barlow Street in St. Albans, and groups will rotate between activities before having lunch and heading to St. Albans City Pool for the afternoon. Lots of fun activities, projects, counselors, friends and healthy MOVEMENT! Campers walk to the St. Albans City Pool for afternoon swim.
NO NEED TO PACK LUNCH! DAY CAMP IS PARTICIPATING IN THE NATIONAL SUMMER LUNCH PROGRAM. DELICIOUS "KID FRIENDLY' MEALS ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE TO CAMPERS WEEKS 1-8. WEEK 9 & 10 CAMPERS NEED TO BRING THEIR OWN LUNCH, SNACKS & BEVERAGES. LUNCHES ARE PREPARED BY THE ABBEY GROUP. If a camper prefers to pack lunch, that's fine, but lunch is provided. Campers still need to pack water/beverages and snacks.
Bring/wear sneakers, swim suit, towel & sunscreen. Please mark all items with your child's name!
If your camper will be registering for Swim Lessons this summer, please choose the latest lesson option available. Campers will be brought to swim lessons, have lunch there and meet up with the rest of camp when they arrive for the afternoon. The Recreation Department is happy to transport your child from Swim Team to Day Camp and to any other St. Albans Recreation Department Camp or Swim Lesson throughout the summer. Just remind the staff each morning at drop off if your child has swim lessons or swim team practice.
**Note: Schedule is tentative, trips and activities are subject to change due to many factors including weather and transportation. We take a look at the week and make the best use of the conditions :) **
- Parent's newsletter for each week available - scroll down to forms (just above registration):
- Week 1 June 20-June 24 - "We Are Family" Week will focus on teamwork. 802 Reptiles on Wednesday and a Fantastic Field Day on Friday!
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Bad Hair Day!
- Week 2 June 27- July 1 "Wacky Week" Different event everyday! We'll visit Ben & Jerry's
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Comfy Day!
- Week 3 July 5 - July 8 "Stars & Stripes" All things American! Shelburne Museum Trip
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Patriotic Day!
- Week 4 July 11- July 15 "Under the Lake" -Vermont - Discovering Champ - Visit Burton Island
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Costume Day!
- Week 5 July 18- July 22 "Splish Splash" - We'll have all kinds of wet, wild fun! We'll have the giant waterslide on site.
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Hero Day! Dress as your favorite hero!
- Week 6 July 25- July 29 "Reality Week" All kinds of reality games Day Camp Style - Visit KilKare
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Mis-Match Day!
- Week 7 August 1 - August 5 "Mystery Week" Counselors will plan surprises for each day - Spare Time Trip
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Backwards Day!
- Week 8 August 8 - August 12 "Olympic Week" Races, Relays and Contests - with mornings at the Pool! - We'll be visited by a magician.
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Crazy Hat Day!
- Week 9 August 15 - August 19 "Moving and Grooving" Dance, Music and Action all Week!
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: Dress up as your favorite Mover & Groover!
- Week 10 August 22- August 26 "Campers Favorites" Campers Rule! You decide what we do!
- This week's Wacky Wednesday: You decide! We'll vote on Monday!
Early Drop off & Late Pick Up Options and Charges
- There is an early drop off option. If you need to drop your child off before 7:30am, you can register for early drop off at the same time you register for day camp. You can drop your child off at 7:00am (no earlier) with the early drop off option. There is a separate registration and additional charge.
- There is a late pick up option. If you cannot pick up your child before 4:30pm, you can register for late pick up at the same time you register for day camp. You MUST pick up your child at 5:00pm with late pick up registrations. There is a separate registration and an additional charge.
- If you are late picking up your child and your child is not previously registered for late pick ups please call us to let us know that you'll be late. There is a $10 charge for each 30 minute and/or portion thereof after 4:30pm. The charges will be added to your recreation account.
Day Camp Info:
- Regular Drop off time is 7:30-8:30am at Barlow Street Community Center (There is an option for early drop off at 7:00am - no earlier- there is a separate registration for it, and and an additional charge - see below)
- Pick up time is 3:30-4:30pm at St. Albans City School Playground. (There is an option for late pick up at 5:00pm - no later- there is a separate registration for it, and an additional charge - see below) In the event of inclement weather, pick up will be at Barlow Street. Not sure? Call the pool house at 524-6796 to see where pick-up will be.
- Be sure your camper is dressed for the weather and activitiy! We're inside for storms, but go out for a walk in a drizzle :) We keep your camper busy and active all day.
- Day Camp is TREE NUT FREE - Please be sure your campers snacks & lunches are PEANUT & TREE NUT FREE.
- Please send your camper with good walking shoes ~ sometimes sandals are not the best choice.
- Campers must be registered and registration paid for one week in advance.
- There are no refunds after registration has been made. When possible, we will try to find another time for your camper to attend.
- We're very active and outdoors most of the time. Scrapes and bumps are bound to happen. We do not call parents during the day for a routine bump or scrape. We apply ice, bandage, and some affection :) (as indicated) and inform parents at the time of pick up. If there is an injury beyond that or the camper becomes ill during the day, we immediately contact parents/guardian at the phone number the family has given us. Please be sure your day time number is up to date.
- Need to reach camp? During camp hours call 802-393-0331. Otherwise contact the office at 524-1500 X266, X268 or try the Recreation Cell phone at 802-309-1810.
- Need to cancel? If we receive the cancellation 1 week (7 days) before the program start date, and we are able to book your spot with another camper, you will receive a refund less $25 cancellation fee. No credits or refunds are issued if we receive cancellation less than 1 week (7 days) before the program start date.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION INFO
You can register from 2 to 5 days per week! To see pricing options:
Log onto your account.
Choose a member.
Click on Purchasing options - it will bring you to the next page with pricing and registration options.
Field Trips: For full time campers (5 days per week)
Still having trouble? Contact the office 524-1500 X266 or X268 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5 DAYS/WEEK - $169 Residents/$219 Non-Residents
4 DAYS/WEEK - $151 Residents/$197 Non-Residents
3 DAYS/WEEK - $126 Residents/$164 Non-Residents
2 DAYS/WEEK - $97 Residents/$126 Non-Residents
Deposits: You can register for all weeks you want this summer and pay only for one week at the time of the registration. Keep in mind that once the weeks are registered for, that space is held for your child. If you need to cancel - there is a cancellation fee. If you simply need to transfer to another week (and there is still room in that week) there is no transfer fee.
Autopay: You asked for it - Now you can register for whichever weeks you like and the payment will automatically be charged to your debit or credit card on the Sunday before the week you've registered for. Payments are deducted on a weekly basis once camp starts until all weeks are paid for. The system is front loaded, so if you register for weeks 1, 2, 5 & 6, payments will be deducted weeks 1, 2, 3, & 4. Weeks 5 & 6 will be paid for in advance. Questions? Contact the office 524-1500 X266
Additional Forms and Files: