This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
St. Albans Recreation Kid's Triathlon!
The Kid's Triathlon is a race that consists of three main events: Swimming, Cycling, & Running. (in that order) Kids start the race with the swimming event in the St. Albans City Pool. Then they'll run to the transition area, put on their bike helmets and shoes (and anything else they need). They will ride a bike course through the St. Albans City School Parking Lot. No vehicular traffic will be allowed in the lot during that time. After the bike event, they'll head back to the transition area, and do the final leg of the triathlon- a run on the St. Albans City School fields. Although this is a competitive event, the focus is on fun, fun, fun! There will be 4 age groups and each will be divided by gender. This is an opportunity for kids to participate in an enjoyable life experience through athletics. The objective is to encourage self confidence, good health and community spirit through participation.
Awards will be presented poolside after the final heat finishes.
- Every participant must wear a bicycle helmet.
- Each participant must supply their own bike. Training wheels are allowed.
- Entries will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
- In the event of inclement weather, we reserve the right to hold a biathlon (no bicycle race). There will be no rain date.
- Most of our expenses are incurred prior to race day, no refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- Participation will be limited to the first 25 kids per division.
- Children in the 4-5 year old division may wear US Coast Guard approved swim vest.
- Children who would like a little added support in the water can use a noodle.
- Lifeguards will be on duty (and in water with younger kids) during all swimming events.
- Medals and prizes for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place winners in each category.
- The first division race will start at approximately 9:00am with the next one starting immediately afterward. Start times will most probably vary from listed times. Listed start times are meant as a guide only
- Each triathlete registered by 7/5/19 receives a T-shirt and medal for participating - after that date on an availability status.
- Children will be divided into 4 age groups. The first group will start at 9:00 am and each group will run in order afterward.
- Age: 4-5 years old ~ Swim 25 yards, Bike .25 mile, Run 200m
- Age: 6-7 years old ~ Swim 25 yards, Bike .25 mile, Run 300m
- Age: 8-9 years old ~ Swim 50 yards, Bike .5 mile, Run 600m
- Age: 10-11 years old ~ Swim 75 yards, Bike 1 mile, Run .50 mile
- Note: One length of the St. Albans City Pool is 25 yards.