Soccer - St. Albans Recreation Fall Program
COACHES NEEDED FOR ALL AGE GROUPS!
Attention: fee for soccer registration will increase by $25.00 after August 6th 2017
No Start Smart Soccer Monday September 4th 2017 (Labor Day)
No Grades 1/2 or 3/4 soccer games Saturday September 2, 2017 (Labor Day week end)
St. Albans Recreation Department offers soccer programs for kids from age 4 thru 4th Grade. Choose the grade/age that your child will be entering into the fall of 2016.
START SMART SOCCER - PROGRAM RUNS one afternoon per week on Mondays 5:30-6:15 AUGUST 21, 2017 Through SEPTEMBER 25, 2017 At Barlow Street Community Fields- 5 weeks. 5:30-6:15PM Children must be 4 by August 1, 2017. Start Smart Soccer is a program to introduce the game of soccer, the skills required to play and a BASIC understanding of the game. Practices are at the Barlow Street Community Center Field. Parents work together with their children to develop skills and understanding. Participants meet new friends, learn sportsmanship, and experience a team concept....and maybe learn a little bit about soccer. Each participant receives team apparel. Coaches are parent volunteers.
KINDERGARTEN SOCCER - PROGRAM RUNS Tuesdays at Barlow St. Community Field AUGUST 22, 2017 THRU SEPTEMBER 26, 2017- 5 weeks. 5:30-6:15 PM For all children entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2016 Kindergarten soccer is designed to introduce the games basics and skills while offering lots of soccer fun. All teams are coed. A great way for your little one to meet new friends and learn to play on a team. Each participant receives team apparel. Coaches are parent volunteers.
FALL YOUTH SOCCER PROGRAM -PRACTICES START WEEK OF AUGUST 14, 2017 GAMES RUN AUGUST 26, 2017 THROUGH OCTOBER 7, 2017 - 6 WEEKS OF GAMES. For children entering grades 1-4 the fall of 2017 (No games during Labor Day Week End) A fun, instructional soccer league for boys and girls. Teams practice to work in a friendly game setting at Hard'ack Recreational Area on Saturday mornings. Practices start the week of August 14, 2017 with the first games on Saturday August 26, 2017. Choose whether you would like your child to practice on Tuesday & Thursday or Monday & Wednesday by registering for your choice below. Coaches are parent volunteers - Practices are usually 2 times per week, to be determined by the coach's availability. Games are played Saturday mornings starting at 8:30am thru 12noon at Hard'ack Recreation Area. Each Player receives a uniform.
- COACHES FOR GRADES 1-4 WILL CONTACT YOU AFTER THEY RECEIVE THEIR ROSTERS. COACHES PROBABLY WILL NOT CONTACT KIDS IN KINDERGARTEN AND SMART START BECAUSE PRACTICE IS A SET TIME. JUST SHOW UP ON THE CORRECT DATE AND TIME AFTER YOU REGISTER ONLINE.
- GAMES FOR GRADES 1-4 START ON SATURDAY AUGUST 26, 2017 AT HARD'ACK-
- TO ENSURE YOUR CHILD A PLACE ON A TEAM, REGISTER BEFORE AUGUST 1, 2017. IF THERE IS NOT ROOM IN AN AGE CATEGORY, THE WEBSITE WILL NOT LET YOU REGISTER. YOU WILL SEE A NOTICE INDICATING THAT THE ACTIVITY IS FULL. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE A SPOT ON A TEAM FOR KIDS REGISTERED AFTER THAT DATE.
- MANY COACHES PREFER TO CONTACT FAMILIES VIA EMAIL. PLEASE LOG ON TO YOUR ST. ALBANS RECREATION ACCOUNT AND CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE "OPTED IN" FOR GENERAL AND CANCELLATION EMAILS SO THAT YOUR COACH CAN CONTACT YOU. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS DOING THIS, PLEASE CONTACT US AT THE OFFICE AT 524-1500 x268. THANKS!
Hard'ack Soccer Rules
- Hard'ack is a great place for the whole family on Saturday morning including siblings who aren't playing soccer. Please keep an eye on them to ensure both their safety as well as the safety and enjoyment of everyone else while you're there. Not only can children get hurt, the nets and goals are expensive to replace and repair.
- Do not allow children to hang on the cross bars of nets that are not in use.
- Do not allow children to climb on the nets of goals that are not in use.
- Do not allow children to ride bikes in the soccer area (including areas that are not in play) Bikes are allowed on the trails, not on or near the soccer fields.
- Do not litter, and please encourage kids to pick up trash left behind, even if it isn't theirs.