5K, 3K, & 1K Trail Runs at Hard'ack
Join us for this weekly trail running series at Hard'ack Recreation Area. A fun weekly event in it's 8th year. Open to all ages and abilities. There is a 5K open race, a 3K Beginner and Junior Distance (walkers welcome) and a 1K kids run. Every Thursday beginning June 7th thru August 16 2018. (11 runs) The run will rotate between 2 great courses depending on trail conditions and weather. Start times: Kids 1K 6:00pm 5K Open, 3K Beginner/Junior Run 6:30pm Plan to join us for another great summer at Hard'ack!
Not a runner? Join us anyway - walkers welcome!
Chart your progress from week one to week 11!
- No Charge for the kids 1K Run
- $4 per night for residents, $6 per night for non residents
Fun for the Runs!
- Prizes awarded each night! All participants names will be entered into a random drawing for prizes weekly.
- Names will stay in the drawing through the entire series for a $100 cash prize drawing at the last run!
- The more runs you make, the better your chances for winning :)
- Must be present to win.
- The Green Loop will be primarily on Hard'ack's wider Nordic trails with sweeping banked turns and rolling terrain. This trail also has some single track area as well. The 5K tackles Coach Mashtare's favorite climb up "Ridge Trail".
- The Blue poka dot Loop takes advantage of Hard'ack's fun narrow and winding single track trails connected by sections of the Nordic trails for a true trail running experience.