St. Albans City Pool - Public Swim
We are happy to announce that the City Pool will be open to the public for the 2020 season!
If you register for public swim and do not attend, and do not cancel before the session starts, there is no refund. If you cancel before the session begins you will be given a credit on your recreation account. Call 802-524-6796 to cancel a registration.
If you register via phone and plan to pay upon arrival, and do not show up for your reserved time and you do not cancel before the session starts, you will not be allowed to register in advance without making payment going forward.
St. Albans City Pool is located at 99 Aldis Street. The pool is a hub of activity all summer long! Join us for St. Albans Sharks Swim Team, Swim Lessons, Lifeguard Training, WSI Training, Aqua Jogging, Master Swim, Special and Public Swim to exercise, refresh or just relax.
Days and times: POOL SCHEDULE LINK 2020 (this can also be viewed below)
RATES: Rates for Public Swim sessions are $3 for residents and $6 for non-residents on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and $5 for residents, $8 for non res for the full swim sessions on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Everyone must sign up in advance by phone at 802-524-6796 or online at the link below.
- People that show up and are not pre-registered, may be turned away.
- Patrons must wear mask upon entry and during screening process.
- Patrons will enter at the east gate for screening and not through the building.
- We ask that patrons arrive in their swim suit and leave in their swim suit.
- The pool house will be open for bathroom use, but we ask that you go before you come to reduce foot traffic in the building :)
- Everyone entering the pool area will be screened for temperature and asked screening questions every day. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will be turned away.
- After screening, patrons will be directed to an outdoor sink to wash their hands.
-There will be no chairs or tables in the pool area. Patrons can bring their own chairs if desired.
-Patrons must social distance (except with members of their own household) while in the pool and on the pool deck.
-Masks can NOT be worn in the water.
- Limit to 25 total people
- Everyone that enters the pool area must pay admission whether they are swimming or not.
- There will be no pool memberships this summer.
- Those not abiding by these requirements and/or pool rules will be asked to leave with no refund and will not be allowed at a later date.
SCHEDULE IS TENTATIVE AND CAN CHANGE DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER OR CHANGING REQUIREMENTS FROM THE VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH.
In the event that public swim is cancelled due to weather before the session begins, credit for the amount paid with be credited to each family's recreation account to be used for any programming in the future.
The St. Albans City Pool is home to The St. Albans Sharks Swim Team and offers both exercise programming and lessons for children and adults.